Friday, June 13, 2008

Buh-buh Talk

So, Palmer has officially spoken his first sentence: “I want that!” It’s not surprising since he hears it all the time from his big brother. I don’t think Palmer knows it is a sentence, but he knows it gets him what he wants. Over the past two days I have heard it nearly 100 times. Over and over and over…I want that, I want that, I want that. Of course, it is still baby talk, so it sounds more like “Ah-waan-dat,” but combined with the pointing and grabbing, the meaning is very clear.

Palmer is actually very good at communicating, and his vocabulary is growing, but for some reason I am the only one who can understand him. Can you tell what he is saying? Test your baby talk knowledge (see the answer key below).

Palmer’s list of words:

Muh
Baba
Dada
Deh-da

Wawa
Ah-duh
Ah-guh
Mama
Oww
Nuh
My-eee
Doo
Ha-ha


Answer Key
More
Bottle
Daddy
Doggy
Water
All done
All gone
Milk
Out
No
Mine
Juice
Hot


How many did you get correct?
0-3 Crybaby
4-6 Toddling right along
7-10 Baby talk expert
11-13 Are you sure you’re not his real Mommy?

No comments: