Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Modern Technology: It's all fun and games until somebody gets a Bluetooth

Bathtime in our house is usually full of fighting over toys, sceaming about hair washing and splashing water on Mommy. Ocassionally there is a little quiet conversation time thrown into the mix, which I truly cherish. On Friday, it went like this:

Camden: “I played with Owen today. Owen is my best friend. And Tyler is my best friend, too. Tyler is in the big-boy class [Tyler recently moved to the three-year-old room]. Owen scratched me with a stick. See…I have a boo-boo.”

Palmer: “Uh-Oh” as he dumps a cup full of water onto the bathroom floor.

Me: As I grab a towel and start mopping up, “I thought you said Owen was your best friend?”

Camden: “Owen is my best friend. And Tyler, too. I played with Own today. I need ice for my boo-boo.”

How easily two-year-olds forgive and forget. Intentional injuries and all, and they are still best friends. BTW, this Owen character also scratched Camden in the face about three months ago. He still has a scar. I’ll be happy when Camden moves to the “threes” class and gets to play with Tyler again.

So anyway, our conversation continued:

Plamer: “EEEEEEHHHHH”

Camden: “Mommy, I got a Bluetooth.”

Me: “Camden, you don’t even have a cell phone, what would you do with a Bluetooth? Plus, I wouldn’t let you have a Bluetooth. I wouldn’t want you walking around all day like a dork with that stupid earpiece on.”

Camden: “No Mommy, I got a BLUE TOOTH,” as he pulls up his lip revealing, sure enough, a blue tooth! Well, sort of a bluish gray. If you’ve been following along, you know this was semi-expected. I was really surprised that it was not the chipped tooth that turned gray; it was the other front tooth, right next to it. I guess both teeth took a pretty hard blow. One chipped off and the other died. So, now Camden is no longer just Daddy’s boy. He is, once again, truly half Mommy and half Daddy, with one chipped tooth (like Daddy) and one gray tooth (like Mommy…well, like Mommy was before I turned six and it fell out.)

Palmer: “Uh-Oh” as he dumps another cup of water on the floor.

No comments: