Thursday, November 20, 2008

Crappy Hair Day

Normally the boys are still asleep when I leave for work, but today they got up insanely early and were up and about and underfoot as I was trying to get ready (Rob was catching a few more z's before I left the house and the boys would be all his).

Palmer had just finished pooping in the potty. I had just finished blow drying my hair, and needed to get my clothes ironed. I knew removing Palmer from the bathroom would cause a screaming fit, so against my better judgment, I let him stay to play with the box of baby butt wipes (I'll clean them up later, I thought). I was around the corner in the closet, ironing my clothes, when Camden said laughing, "Mommy, look what Palmer's doing."

The Mommy in me knew it could not be a good thing, so I sighed heavily and asked "What's he doing?"

"He's brushing his hair."

Oh, okay, that's not bad. Mommy instincts had steered me wrong...brushing hair is a good thing. I peeked around the corner, and sure enough, Palmer was brushing his hair. How cute! He had even put water on the brush like I do when I am trying to calm his cowlicks...even cuter! I figured he had climbed on the toilet to reach the sink. I have seen him do it before. So, I helped him brush it down all nice and flat (and very wet) and handed him the brush back. He smiled at me, and I watched in disbelief as he walked back over to the toilet, lifted the lid and dipped the brush IN THE TOILET WATER!

Mommy instincs never lie.