Friday, August 1, 2008

Where'd my babies go?

Oh, my boys are getting so big. Camden dresses himself now (tear, sniff sniff). I can no longer pick out his clothes or help him keep from putting his head through the arm hole. He does it all by himself! I will say, it makes for some interesting color combinations, but dare I even suggest a clothing change, and it causes a complete meltdown. So, yesterday he wore his red, white and blue 4th of July shirt with a pair of Army green shorts and his Spider-Man shoes. There was also the day he wore a pajama shirt to school, and the day he went without underwear because I didn't know I had to check.

Palmer is cruising right along, too. He is talking more than ever, although still I am the only one who can understand him, I think. His favorite food right now is hot dogs and it's pretty much his answer to every question:

"Palmer, what do you want for lunch today?"

"Hot dog"

"What did you have for dinner last night?"

"Hot dog"

"Are you hungry? Do you want a snack?"

"Hot dog, hot dog."

I swear, the kid would be perfectly happy eating hot dogs 24/7. But, he is a good eater and downs the fruits and veggies, too.

Palmer is also using the potty. I think he saw all the excitement and praise we gave Camden over the last several months, and he wants in on that. He goes pee-pee on the potty pretty much every day now, at school and at home. And he has even gone poop on the potty three times. He actually told me one time that he had to go by pulling on the bottom of his shorts and running to the bathroom and whining at the door. Then, when I though he was done, he did the sign for more and said "wa-wa" and pointed to his pee-pee. So I sat him back on the potty and he went more! For the most part though, he just goes when I remember to take him to the potty, and twice a day at school when they have potty time. I don't expect that he will actually be potty trained any time soon, but at least it's keeping his diapers drier longer for now, and every little bit helps.

No comments: