Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Hair we go again

Repeat after me: “I swear never to make my child grow his hair long and get a bowl cut like Joey Lawrence, or that red-headed kid from Diff’rent Strokes, because even though I thought they were really cute back in the ’80’s, it is not necessarily the best look for my kids.”

You all know I caved on Camden’s bowl cut last month and let Rob take him for a shorter cut, but I was still holding out hope for Palmer. Okay, so it was a little shaggy…you just have to endure that sloppy in-between stage when you’re on the quest for the perfect bowl cut.

Well, this time I caved all the way around. Okay, I admit it, Rob was right and I was wrong, as evidenced by the pictures below (please don't make me explain the Superman costume). Palmer got a cute little boy cut and Camden’s in-between-bowl-and-short cut went all the way short. It had to – it was still too long in the back, and he had this weird bang-y thing going on. Rob also got rid of his mop and opted for a short cut. It is truly the end of an era for the bowl cut in our household.

As for the cutting part, the boys did remarkably well. The stylists were totally impressed. Palmer sat on Daddy’s lap and did a great job of holding still. And Camden climbed right up in the big chair and hopped on the booster seat all by himself. He was so proud of himself for sitting still and kept telling the stylist “I’m not crying. I’m a big boy.” (Yes, we had a tearful attempt at Supercuts in the past). He even let her use the clippers on his neck without so much as a wince. I was so proud of them.



If I hadn't birthed them myself, I'd hardly believe they're even related.

1 comment:

TheLamaJon said...

Palmer looks like me!